All my strengths in a row:
- I work fast and accurately;
- I work very well within a team;
- I like a no-nonsense approach;
- I am versatile and good at:
- HTML (4 and 5);
- CSS (2 and 3;)
- various webshop and CMS systems
- Responsive Design
- design for mobile use
- language (EN/NL): the content of your site is also scrutinised.
Because of my years of experience in marcom and marketing I can empathize with a principal's challenges, in whatever industry.
If a project contains lots of pages and the flow through the site is important, or when a page is complicated, like a landing page, on which the choice and placement of elements is crucial I create wireframes using Balsamiq.
After sign-off, some characteristic pages are drawn in Corel PhotoPaint (Photoshop PSD-compatible, but much faster turnaround). These I try to make as summarily as possible because I prefer to continue designing in the code itself. Not only are many graphics generated in CSS3 anyway, but a working page in HTML/CSS/JS "feels" different from a static graphic when assessing. Even more so when a site needs to be responsive.
My coding tools include Notepad++ with Emmett (ex Zen Coding), with Prepos for LESS/SASS preprocessing and live browser reloading.
I use LESS for all my projects (large and small) and my code is submitted clean indented and/or minified, including the LESS files.
Why do I work fast?
- CSS-resets I try to avoid whenever possible. I find I lose a lot of time un-resetting things and that is a waste.
- Bootstraps I try to avoid as well. I rather make something to measure quickly than include unnecessary overhead. If a grid is needed, I make use of the LESS grid by semantic.gs. Check out my own "RaySponsive bootstrap" template >.
- Responsive design I prefer made to measure: breakpoints are inserted where necessary, i.e. the design is optimized at each narrowing. This creates breakpoints that take the layout of the page into account and therefore work on each device — including those yet to be developed.
Download my CV
Just some bits of working code in jQuery and CSS3 I found fun to make.
The "Show me" button too triggers a nice effect...
This page is responsive!
The picture above is not animated because Internet Explorer does not support this. Please use a modern browser to see it in action.
Responsive design: the page adapts itself according to the width of your browser.
View this site on your iPhone, iPad or Android and watch the difference. Or reduce the width of your browser window.